(CURRENTLY RENTED UNTIL DECEMBER 2018)
Safe, serene, breezy and green are just a few words to describe this property! It’s located in a small, rural community just a 10-minute drive from the center of Grecia. With a yearly average temperature of 26°C-17°C (79°F-63°F), this makes for warm days and cooler nights. (You don’t need an air conditioner or heater! The weather is perfect!) The home was built in 2001 with a Master Bedroom, Bathroom, and Walk-in closet addition that was built in 2007. The total property size is 631m2 (6792+square ft.) and features a total of 5 bedrooms and two full bathrooms along with a large, backyard terrace with a fantastic view and a front porch with a view of the Poas Volcano.
The home has two on-demand tankless water heaters that provide hot water throughout, and there is also internet (currently at 12mbps with the option of more), cable with HD and telephone already established. The internet, cable, and telephone service are provided by Tigo, however, there is also the option of Sky, DirectTV, and Claro satellite services.
The home also comes furnished, which includes a double bed and king size mattress, dressers and drawers, washer & dryer, a desk in the office, refrigerator, microwave, bookshelves, a super comfortable reclining sofa, and other cabinetry.
There is the local primary school, San Miguel Abajo, bus stop to Grecia center and church about 300 meters away. The community also has several ‘pulperias’, or little stores where you can buy basic necessities and pay your water bill. There is also a delicious restaurant known for its view of the entire Central Valley located in San Miguel Arriba, which is about 3 km away. It’s also very easy to get to other nearby attractions such as Bajos del Toro, Los Chorros, and Poas Volcano. The international airport, Juan Santamaria, is about a 45-minute drive, and the nearest beach is about a 1-hour drive from the property.
The area is quiet, safe and friendly. The nearest neighbors are each about 200 meters away. The property is surrounded by coffee and sugar cane plantations with a river that flows at the bottom of the hill. All of this open greenery allows for the possibility to see beautiful species of different birds such oropendolas, manakins, hawks and falcons, hummingbirds and even toucans! Nobody is able to build on the areas surrounding the home, so you’ll ALWAYS have a view!
We’ve put a lot of love into this home and its garden and hate to leave it, however, we need to move out of the country. It’s time for a new family or couple to love this home just as much as we do. Thank you for looking and please contact me if you are interested or would like further information. Have a great day! Pura Vida!
*All property taxes are up-to-date!
- 631m2 (6792 ft2) total property size/142 m2 (1528 ft2) living space
- Carport & large driveway (up to 3 vehicles)
- Landscaped garden with fruit trees (bananas, papaya, guayaba, guanabana, granadilla) and flowers and bushes that attract loads of butterflies and hummingbirds (amapola, heliconia, silk weed, )
- Front porch with view of Poas Volcano
- Large backyard terrace with excellent view of Grecia and Atenas and built-in grill and sink with cabinets, all perfect for entertaining!
- Laundry room
- Internet along with Wi-Fi/Digital HD Cable/Telephone
- Trash service ( twice a week)
- Hot water throughout
- 4 bedrooms with closets and windows (one bedroom is without a closet, so it’s perfect for an office!)
- Master Bedroom with several large windows and glass sliding door that opens to a little outside sitting area. Master Bedroom also has cable and telephone connection with plenty of electrical outlets!
- Master Bathroom with jetted tub, his & hers sinks, toilet, bidet, and shower
- Master Walk-in Closet with windows
- 1 Full guest bathroom with sink, toilet, shower & window
- Open concept living space and kitchen with several windows with a view and glass sliding door which opens to the backyard terrace
- Large, open kitchen with plenty of counter space and windows with a view and breakfast bar
- Walk-in pantry
- Semi- Furnished